Friday, August 15, 2014

Go Gently

I'm a day or two behind in my journaling. I didn't write yesterday. I was very aware that I didn't write. I almost missed it. At some point I gave myself permission to take a break. My excuse was that my wrist was hurting and I would have to write on my iPad without a keyboard which would have caused more pain. But at the same time I would be giving my brain some release if I had taken the time to write. 

So, Today’s Inspiration: Go Gently. I just let out an audible laugh at the thought of going gently. I don't think I am really the type to go gently. I am a pretty passionate person and once I get a thought into my head I'm more like a bull in a china shop then a mom carrying a newborn. 

So, yes I could learn to try to go gently. Thinking about going gently reminds me of the phrase that so many are sharing this week about you don't know what someone else is going through so be kind. I think everyone has something they are struggling with that is hidden to the world. If only we would all go gently maybe it would be a kinder world. 


Where can I "go gently"? Where couldn't I is a better question? I could "go gently" with my children. I often find myself being frustrated over the silliest things. They are 3 and 5 yrs old. They don't do these things to upset me - ok maybe B does but that's a whole other post. They are busy exploring and learning the world not maliciously tearing apart the house to hear me yell at them. I could"go gently" when driving for sure! I accidentally cut people off, I am sure that most people who are driving stupid are not doing it to me, but rather they are just like me trying to get where they need to go the best they can. I could "go gently" when thinking about my work with a colleague. I am lucky not to have her position and I can't truly understand what she goes through daily. I should be more gentle with my thoughts about her. 

It still makes me laugh, the thought of me, going gentle. I can't imagine being my husband. Sometimes I put so much pressure on myself to try to make things perfect that the littlest thing not going the way I had imagined it in my head will cause me to not be so gentle. I have yet to learn the art of going gentle. 

I was bout to type that I will try to "go gentle: and then in my head I hear Yoda "do or do not there is no try". But dear Yoda all I can do for now is to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment