Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Perfection

Today’s Inspiration:
“Ring the bells that still can ring 
Forget your perfect offering 
There is a crack in everything 
That's how the light gets in.” 
Leonard Cohen said that.
These words reminded me of one of my favorite songs by my absolute favorite band Sister Hazel:
Did you ever think
There might be another way?
To just feel better,
Just feel better about today

Oh no-
If you never want to have
To turn and go away,
You might feel better
Might feel better if you stay.
Yeah, yeah
I bet you haven't heard a word I've said
Yeah yeah
If you've had enough of all your trying
Just give up
The state of mind you're in: 
If you want to be somebody else,
If you're tired of fighting battles with yourself.
If you want to be somebody else
Change your mind, change your mind.

When I am trying to be perfect wether it's the image of a perfect mom, perfect employee, throwing the perfect party, I literally drive myself crazy. Why haven't I figured out that things don't have to be perfect. Good is good enough. My children won't remember that a letter on thier birthday cake was a different color then the rest, they will remember I baked them a cake every year for thier birthday. I never have fun when I try so hard to make it perfect. The perfect moments arise when I'm not trying. When I'm in the moment being who I'm made to be and Lord knows I was not meant to be perfect. This song reminds me, whenever I need it , it's up to me. 


Music. Music is this little piece of heaven on earth. It can see you through the good the bad and the crazy. I appreciate the beauty in music, in the mind of the creator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment