Monday, August 11, 2014

Purpose

Today’s Inspiration:
“Your purpose in life is to find your purpose and give your whole heart and soul to it” 
Purpose. Such a mysterical world. I don't know that I have found my purpose, but I know I have one as strong as I know I'm alive. 39 years and 355 days ago I was born, 2 months premature. Close to forty yrs ago that was no small feat. I almost didn't make it. I had to have a complete blood change. My parents used to tell stories of having to thump my back in the incubator to get me to start breathing again. But, after a month this little tiny baby (can you believe I was ever little and tiny?) came home from the hospital. 
Over the years I've pondered why. Why did I live? Why was I here? The only thing I can come up with is that it is God's plan. God said it was time for me to be born. God said it was time for me to live. Little side note had I been born on time I wouldn't have been in my year at school. I may not have had the same friends which definitely would have altered my life completely. It's when I get to that thought it's when I realize my purpose, .my role in others lives. I am here to help.
As much as others have been a part of my life, I have been a part of there's. I have seen friends through love, crisis, children, depression and celebration. At times I've been told I'm better then a counselor. Sometimes I think I missed my career calling. But like baking and cooking I don't think I would enjoy it quite as much if I had to do it. I get great pleasure from helping others. I feel needed when others share with me, when they come to me about an issue in their life. 
I remember not long ago someone asked me about my purpose and I told them my purpose was to be a mom. I think that is one part of my purpose. There's never been a doubt in me that I was meant to be a mom. I don't know that I have all my children yet. I think my purpose of helping others drives me to want to mother more then my two biological children. I don't know what that means for my family's future except we will explore it when the time is right. (I do know there will not be any more biological children unless God intervenes)..
Purpose, that's a big thought. What's your purpose? How are you giving your heart and soul to your purpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment